Home Forums Views from WotW The marathon…

Tagged: , ,

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    beekhamd
    Keymaster

I recently completed my first half-marathon at the Barossa. 21.0975 kms to be exact. I went through the headache when I run stage. To taking 40 minutes to run 3 kms and gradually to finding that the longer I ran – the longer I could run. I increased each run by 3 kms. In fact, I realised – it was all about deciding what my goal was going to be on that day. Until I reached it – there was no point asking myself “Am I there yet?”

It is the same I think with writing. We write, re-write and re-write. Or we write and then think it is fine. Or we write and think it is rubbish and will not go back to it again. I went through these stages with training to run.

I will go for 2 more half-marathons just for the pain. For the training. Just because I would like to. Then I will prepare for the full marathon next April.

What do you think?

Marc Rychener
    Participant

Sounds about right, you’re honing your skills and stamina, but it’s still an effort every time you put your shoes on or put pen to paper… but as somebody else famously said, “if it’s easy, it’s not worth doing”.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.